Winter Bare

Winter Bare
Bare Stare and totally relaxed!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It's The 'Dead' Of Winter!


For many years, I used to wonder why so many people often repeated the phrase. "the 'dead' of winter." What exactly did they mean? How can a season of the year truly die when we all know it will return again the following year? You never use the term in reference to any of the other three seasons, why only at winter? My young naked mind was full of these and other similar questions. My twin nor any of my older brothers had any answers.  

I went for years without any answer to these and other questions that I had. Eventually, I gave up on trying to understand this sort of wordplay. The questions began to fade away into the deep recesses of my mind. 

It wasn't until second semester of my first-year Literature class at university that I at last got a classical answer to these almost forgotten questions. It was in a poem by some early Victorian British poet that I read of the "death of nature" and the winter chill compared to the barren branches on the trees. Somehow the connection became real for me and I was able to understand the phrase. 

The image above evoked that memory of my "enlightenment" moment. A bare man alone walking through a barren forest. I think that I'm ready for the return of the Springtime! 

Peace! Get naked. Enjoy!

Bare With Pride




No comments: